Big Value. Super Tiny Price.
If you are looking for information about becoming a stand-up comedian that is a bit more “meaty” than the typical info you usually get online…
You may want to take a close look at the Premium Articles and Members Only articles on this blog that are available to you now.
Currently, registered Members can access both types of articles for a one time registration fee of just $1.99:
There are currently 30 Premium Articles available to Members. These articles require a password to review. Members get 1 month of Premium Article password access upon registration — NO recurring billing involved:
- 4 Important Considerations For Delivering Headliner Level Laughter As A Comedian Revealing article that identifies 4 important factors that can directly impact a comedian’s ability to generate headliner level stand-up comedy material.
- Comedian Decisions That Directly Affect Income Potential This article identifies the decisions a comedian can make that can directly affect their income potential as an entertainer.
- Understanding Stand-up Comedy Videos From A Booking Perspective Revealing article that discusses what comedians need to know about stand-up comedy videos and getting booked for work.
- Want A Professional To “Write” Your Comedy Material For You? Buyer Beware… Detailed article explaining why a comedian should be extremely cautious when buying jokes from a joke writer.
- Reverse Engineering One Minute Of Headliner Level Stand-up Comedy Material This article breaks down the words per minute and punchlines per minute needed for a headliner level stand-up comedy material.
- Are New Comedians Predisposed To Struggle Needlessly? This article discusses why new comedians may be predisposed for failure when they start the process of becoming a comedian.
- My Stand-up Comedy Material Works Well Sometimes, Not So Well Other Times – What Gives? This article directly answers the question about why stand-up comedy material will work well one time and not another given similar audience dynamics.
- A Critical Factor For Progress As A Comedian This revealing article discusses the importance of rehearsal for those who want to know how to be a comedian.
- How Many Jokes Are In A Minute Of Stand-up Comedy Material? This article reveals the number of jokes and punchlines needed in a stand-up comedy act to generate headline level laughs.
- Performance Improvement Basics For Comedians This article reveals which areas of a stand-up comedy act to focus on for performance improvement.
- Your Most Powerful Laughter Generation Weapon Revealing article about the impact of body language on a comedian’s ability to generate big laughs on stage.
- Can I Know If My Stand-up Comedy Material Is Funny Before I Take It To The Stage? This article identifies 5 variables that must be considered in order for a comedian to know if their stand-up comedy material is funny before they deliver it.
- Top 10 Reasons Why People With Comedy Talent Suck At Stand-up Comedy Open Mics This article identifies the top 10 reasons why new comedians suck at stand-up comedy open mics.
- Looking For The Best Stand-up Comedy Books? Check This Out FIRST… This article talks about the critical information that is missing from what are considered to be the best stand-up comedy books.
- Do You Know This Secret About Stand-up Comedy Material? This article reveals one critical aspect of stand-up comedy material that all comedians should know.
- Your First 5 Minutes Of Stand-up Comedy Material Amazing article about what it takes to learn how to write a 5 minute stand-up comedy routine.
- Should You Rehearse Your Stand-up Comedy Act In Front Of A Mirror? This article explains the pros and cons of rehearsing a stand-up comedy act in the mirror.
- You Kill On Stage And You Got The Killer Video – Proof That You Seriously Rocked The House! Then This Happens… This article describes what every comedian needs to know about online stand-up comedy videos of their act.
- A Revealing Discussion About Hack Stand-up Comedy This article addresses the largely artificial concept of hack stand-up comedy material and questions what it means to be a hack comedian.
- How Do You Find Your Delivery Style As A Comedian? This article answers the question “How Do You Find Your Delivery Style As A Comedian?”.
- Is Stand-up Comedy Competitive? Not Even Close… This article describes the reasons why stand-up comedy is not as competitive as it appears and why there are always great opportunities for new comedians.
- Are You Using A One Dimensional Approach In A Three Dimensional Performing Art? This article asks the question: How does one dimensional joke writing help a comedian get laughs in a three dimensional performing art?
- Are Long Set-up Lines Keeping You From Getting The Laughs You Want? This article discusses the problems with long set-up line for those who are trying to learn how to write stand-up comedy.
- Didn’t Get What You Wanted When You Took That Stand-up Comedy Class Or Workshop? Here’s Why… This article explains why most stand-up comedy classes and workshops fail to provide actionable information needed to develop a stand-up comedy act that works.
- Top 3 Factors That Directly Impact The Speed At Which You Can Progress As A Comedian This article details the top 3 factors that directly affect how fast a comedian can progress.
Members Only 24/7 Access Articles
There are also 15 Members Only articles that are available to Members at any time without the need for a password (Members need only to be logged in for access):
- Are You Funny Enough To Be A Comedian? Revealing article that identifies 2 primary indicators for having the comedy talent needed to become a comedian.
- Is There Such A Thing As The Best Comedy Topics? If So, How Do I Find Them? This article provides some surprising answers to the question about what topics are the best topics for use as stand-up comedy material.
- Want Bigger Laughs On Stage As A Comedian? This revealing article addresses the question of how to get bigger laughs when performing stand-up comedy.
- Solid Stand-up Comedy Advice For New Comedians This article provides solid, no-nonsense advice for new comedians or those who are considering taking a shot at stand-up comedy.
- Comedy Timing Basics This article succinctly discusses important factors that affect comedy timing.
- What You Need To Know About Riffing This article identifies the adverse circumstances associated with trying to riff on stage as a comedian instead of delivering a well prepared stand-up routine.
- Can You Actually Get Paid To Develop Your Stand-up Act? This article discusses a process one comedian used for getting paid as a comedian right from the beginning of his stand-up comedy adventures!
- I’m Killing At Comedy Open Mics – So What Do I Do Now? This article offers 5 recommendations to help new comedians go from comedy open mic night performances to getting paid gigs.
- Want To Sell Stand-up Comedy Jokes You Have Written? Here’s What You Need To Know This article outlines the process for selling jokes or selling comedy material to comedians or comedy entertainers.
- Success As A Comedian Is All About Becoming A Great Stand-up Comedy “Writer”, Right? This article slams the notion that developing a high impact stand-up comedy routine is all about the “writing”.
- Are You Dealing With Writer’s Block? You Shouldn’t Be This article pinpoints the reasons for writer’s block that comedians experience when trying to develop stand-up comedy material.
- How To Write Stand-up Comedy Material This article covers aspects of how to write stand-up comedy material that are not found in popular books on stand-up comedy.
- A Question About Learning Stand-up Comedy This article tries to provide context to the question “Can someone learn stand-up comedy?”
- Does It Take 5 – 10 Years To Get Good At Stand-up Comedy? Only If You Want To Take That Long… This revealing article discusses the difference between the time it takes to become funny as a comedian versus progressing in a stand-up comedy career.
- Still Trying To Figure Out How To “Write” Punchlines Out Of Thin Air? Now That’s Funny Critical article describing major obstacles that can be encountered when trying to learn how to write punchlines for stand-up comedy material.
Note: Additional articles are pending review for inclusion as Premium and Member Only content.
Why are you offering Premium Articles and Members Only content?
More that anything else, I want folks who are new to stand-up comedy to have an advantage in the game — right from the start.
Premium Article Members need only login to the Members Area to get the most current passwords for all Premium Articles or to access the Members Only articles available anytime.
The one time registration fee seems ridiculously low. What’s the deal — will I get a bunch of junk email?
Unless a Premium Article Member has signed up for my newsletter (which is separate from the membership), members will only receive email when new Premium articles are added or there are major changes to the membership.
How long do I have access to the Premium Articles once I register?
After 30 days, Members can still login and register for an additional 30 days of Premium Article access as needed or desired at a discount.
Registered Members have continuous access to the 24/7 Members Only articles (Members need only be logged in to access these articles).
Before You Decide To Become A Member
If you are new to this blog there are a couple of things that I would recommend that you do before you decide to register as a Premium Article Member:
1. Check out the other articles available on this blog. There are over 140 public access articles that are available for your review. You need only look at the Related Article links at the bottom of any article to find them all.
2. Take a look at what qualifies me as a stand-up comedy educator. Click here to review my comedy resume, bio and more.
The reason I make these recommendations is because what I have to offer in the way of stand-up comedy education — even the most basic and foundational information provided on this blog — is NOT the standard “pluck something funny out of the air, write 50 jokes a day on paper and make sure it’s funny” type of nonsense that continues to be presented as valuable information online and in popular stand-up comedy references.
Subsequently, what I have to offer in the way of stand-up comedy information may not meet your expectations. To fully understand what I am talking about, check out this public access article:
However if you are open to a different perspective when it comes to stand-up comedy and you want to check out the Premium and Members Only Articles that are available now, you can do that for less than an order of large fries…
How To Register For Premium Article Access
1. If you are a NEW MEMBER, use the registration link below. Your Premium Article registration payment will be securely processed by PayPal for $1.99 (no PayPal account is required).
IMPORTANT: If you are a RETURNING MEMBER, do not use the registration link below. Simply log in and use the registration link in the Members Area for a discount to extend your Premium Article access for an additional 30 days.
2. Once your registration payment has been processed, you will be redirected to a special Member Registration page to establish your Premium Article Member account.
3. Upon establishing your Member account, you will get immediate access to the passwords required for Premium Article password access for a full 30 days along with the 24/7 access to the Members Only articles as well.
New Member Registration
$1.99 For 30 Days Access
One Time Payment — Not Recurring